Brian Turk was an American actor who is most famous for his role of Gabriel on the HBO TV series Carnivàle. He also played the role of Mort on the famous 2000s TV show starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, Buffy The Vampire Slayer. He appeared during the fifth season in the second episode titled “Real Me”. Buffy had trouble killing Mort but eventually managed to do it by staking him with a wooden unicorn in the toy store. He was famous for his massive size and played roles accordingly. He also had a hilarious cameo in the hit sitcom Two and a Half Men as the big guy in the grocery store line. Brian Turk also appeared in several other shows until he lost his life to cancer. Let’s find out more about Brian Turk.
Brain Turk: All You Need to Know
When was Brian Turk born?
Brain Turk was born on May 29th, 1970.
How tall was Brian Turk?
Brain Turk was 194 cms or six feet five inches tall.
How old was Brian Turk when he died?
Brian Turk was 49 years old at the time of death.
What caused Brian Turk’s death?
In early 2018, Brain Turk was diagnosed with brain cancer. Unfortunately, the cancer became terminal in 2019. He died as a result of the complications caused by the cancer on September 13th, 2019. He is survived by his wife Emily Wu, and an eight year old son.
How did Brian Turk cover the expenses of his cancer treatment?
Back in July, a GoFundMe was started by Carlos Marlene Montiel, on behalf of Turk and his wife, Emily Wu, to pay for his medical expenses.
Brian Turk Fund Raising Campaign Page History
‘Just over a year ago our dear friend, Brian Turk, was diagnosed with cancer. Being the selfless and private person that he is, Brian kept this quiet so as not to concern his family and friends,’ Montiel said on the fundraising page.
‘Unfortunately, cancer has now become terminal. Brian has impacted so many of us in a positive way whether it be on the football field, at Mater Dei or USC, on stage or in our personal lives,’ the statement added.
‘He has always been there for us in our times of need and celebration,’ the statement added.
‘Brian wants to fight this battle as he has a wife & an 8-yea r-old son, who calls him his best friend. ’His will to live is strong but this is expensive. Brian has been the breadwinner supporting his family as his wife has been physically unable to work full time.’
- September 13 by Carlos Marlene Montiel, Organizer
Unfortunately, Brian passed away Friday morning, 9/13 from complications of his cancer. Please continue to share this Go Fund Me and I will send out funeral arrangements once they are finalized. Thank you for the continued support for the Turk family.
- Ausgust 7, 2019, by Carlos Marlene Montiel, Organizer
Thank you to everyone that has donated and/or shared this link. Brian continues with his doctor appointments and therapy. Please continue to keep Brian and his family in your prayers and please continue to share and donate to his family.
- August 2, 2019, by Carlos Marlene Montiel, Organizer
A huge thank you to everyone that has made this Go Fund Me a huge success. We have almost reached our goal. Please continue to share.
- July 30, 2019, by Carlos Marlene Montiel, Organizer
Thank you all for supporting Brian and his family. We are almost halfway towards our goal. Please continue to share with all your friends.
Carlos and Marlene Montiel
The fundraising campaign raised $26,000 out of its $50,000 goal.
Brian Turk Famous Roles
Aside from his role as strongman Gabriel on Carnivale, he has also had roles in movies like The Lost World: Jurassic Park, A Civil Action, Big Fat Liar, American Pie 2 and more.
Here’s a list of all the acting roles of Brian Turk’s career:
- NCIS: Los Angeles (2017) as Guard
- Animal Kingdom (2016) as Guard #1
- Stalked by My Neighbor (2015) as Steve
- Murder of a Cat (2014) as Dave Calvetti
- The Exes (2012) as Security Guard
- Little in Common (2011) as Buster Tate
- General Hospital (2008) as Bo Crowell (3 episodes)
- Magus (2008) as Martial Arts Class
- Two and a Half Men (2007) as Mike
- Love Comes to the Executioner (2006) as Bruno Bauk
- Art School Confidential (2006) as Cliffy
- Criminal Minds – “Blood Hungry” (2005) TV episode – Jess Maynor
- Carnivàle (2003-2005) as Gabriel (18 episodes)
- Big Fat Liar (2002) as The Masher
- The Mayor of Oyster Bay (2002) as Unknown Character
- The Tick (2001) as Comrade #3
- American Pie 2 (2001) as Trucker
- Going Greek (2001) as Kappa Brother
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) as Backstage Bull
- Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (2001) as Driver
- The Jamie Foxx Show (2000) as Bartender
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2000) as Mort
- The Pretender (2000) as Mike Frost
- The Jersey (1999) as Player #2
- ER (1999) as Michaels
- Art House (1998) as Tom
- A Civil Action (1998) as Mover
- Beach Movie (1998) as Freddie
- Boy Meets World (1998) as Isaac
- Getting Personal (1998) as Doorman
- Nash Bridges (1998) as Lucas Hobbs
- Damon (1998) as Orderly
- It’s Good to Be King (1997) as Andrew
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) as InGen Worker
- Cybill (1997) as Vet Assistant
- Beach House (1996) as Fraternity Brother
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (1995) as Tiny (2 episodes)
- Panther (1995) as Deputy
- Saved by the Bell: The New Class (1994) as Spike (2 episodes)
- Weird Science (1994) as Abe (credited as Brian D. Turk)
- Wings (1994) as Bud Mattay (credited as Brian D. Turk)
- Step by Step (1993) as Player #2
So that was a brief snapshot of the life and career of actor Brian Turk. He had a steady acting career and appeared in a long list of shows and movies. Fate dealt a cruel blow to him and he passed away at just 49 years old because of brain cancer. Brian Turk may be gone, but his legacy will live on inside the hearts and minds of his fans through his roles.