Today, there are many types of fabrics created both based on natural raw materials and synthetic ones. For the manufacture of children’s clothing, there are mainly natural raw materials used, since they have all the properties necessary for a baby’s well-being. From the very birth, the baby is mostly wrapped in cotton types of fabrics that perfectly allow air to pass through and at the same time retain the warmth accumulated by the body. They are perfect for washing and, when used correctly, retain their appearance and strength for a long time. Besides, natural tissues have the least effect on children who are prone to allergies.
If you decided to choose some new clothes for your toddler, it is necessary to not only pay attention to its appearance but also to the quality of materials used to make it. For example, if you will look for a toddler dress at https://thetrendytoddlers.com/collections/dresses, you will see that they are not only sweet and beautiful but also very qualitative. Such a choice will be just perfect.
Types of Fabrics for Babies
The main raw material for the manufacture of fabrics for children’s clothing is cotton. To one degree or another, it is present in many tissues and becomes almost irreplaceable. Here is a closer look at the properties of various types of fabrics:
- The most common type of fabric is cotton. This fabric is almost entirely composed of cellulose, with an insignificant, only 5% fraction of impurities. Its main properties are softness, subtlety, and calm colors. Such material absorbs water perfectly, it is pleasant to wear and breathes well. The temperature of the water when washing such a fabric should not exceed sixty degrees.
- The cheapest and no less common material is a thin, almost weightless chintz, which consists entirely of cotton fiber. It is wonderfully washable, easy to iron, and dries quickly.
- For tailoring clothes and warm diapers flannel is used. This fabric also includes exclusively cotton. It is very soft and pleasant, can be made both with one-sided and two-sided fleece. Complex stains on such a fabric easily go away after soaking but you need to be careful when drying.
- French terry cloth is also popular among fabrics for children. It consists of loops of cotton or linen fibers. Compared to fleece, terry absorbs moisture much better.
- The composition of the ribbing fabric includes one hundred percent cotton. It has an elastic knitted structure, like a gum. Ribbing is used mainly for sewing hats, blouses, and bodysuits. Caring for this type of fabric is very simple, you need to set the washing machine at thirty degrees and let it cope with the work on its own.
There are many great fabrics for toddlers but all of them are united by naturalness, a breathing surface, and a comfortable fit to the body. When choosing fabric or ready-made baby clothes, get ready for the fact that most of their types may shrink so try to take one size larger.