It’s a situation we all dread. Your loved one is spending more time on their phone. Smirking every time they get a text. Coming home later each day with only vague reasons why. Spending more nights away with work, seemingly for no reason.
That sickening feeling in the pit of your stomach isn’t going to go away unless you take control and do something about it. It’s also worth bearing in mind that if you are suspicious of your husband, then you might have a good reason to look for ways how to catch a cheater.
It’s difficult to not assume the worst, especially if they’re not willing to discuss the issue with you. You might feel like you can’t ask them right out for fear that it’s an honest mistake that could destroy the trust in the relationship. The other option you have is to do some investigative research and find the answer yourself. Here’re 12 ways to catch your cheating spouse.
How to Catch a Cheater: Watch How They Behave with Their Phone
Your first step should be to watch how they behave with their phone. A change in their behavior with their phone is often the first red flag that might make you more curious. If you’re not sure if they’re being defensive with their phone, then watch out for these 3 red flags:
- Red Flag #1 – They won’t let you use their phone: If you ask to use their phone and they say no, then that’s a big red flag. You could ask to put some music on, use their camera or check the sports scores. It’s also a cause for concern if they say yes but then watch you like a hawk.
- Red Flag #2 – They never leave their phone unattended in a room: There are plenty of reasons why someone might take their phone with them out of the room, but it’s something to keep an eye on. You should make note if your partner always makes a conscious effort to do this, especially if they forget it, and then come back in the room to grab it.
- Red Flag #3 – They receive messages from unknown names: It’s definitely an issue if you start to see them receive texts from people that you’ve never heard them speak about before. The gender of the name doesn’t matter because it’s not uncommon for cheaters to add fake names. Of course, your partner making new friends doesn’t always mean that they’re cheating. But it’s concerning if this occurs along with the other red flags above.
How to Catch a Cheater: Use a SpyBubble Spyware App
If you’re becoming more convinced that your partner is cheating on you, then it might be time to gather some more information. A great way of doing this is using a spyware app such as SpyBubble to record incoming and outgoing information from your partner’s mobile phone. There are many of these on the market, but most provide key functions that include:
- Call Monitoring
- SMS/IM Monitoring
- GPS Tracking
- Social Media/Website Tracking
- Photo Monitoring
- Alerts on App Downloads (e.g. Tinder)
How to Catch a Cheater: Track Their Movements
A clear sign that your partner might be cheating is unexplainable trips to random locations that they wouldn’t normally go. There are apps that allow you to track a phone without notifying the user. One of them is GEOfinder. When using it, all you are required to do is to send a message to a target device with a link, and after a phone owner clicks on it, they provide you with their location details. It’s also possible to track their movements by using apps like Snapchat. That way, you can easily find out if your partner is taking late-night detours to a residential estate out of town.
But before you get to that stage, don’t forget that most phones have plenty of in-built location tracking technology. The most commonly used one is Find my iPhone. You could always try to broach the idea of sharing your locations with each other, using safety as an excuse. If they’re super cagey about the idea, then you’ve got another sign that they might be cheating.
A little secret that many people don’t know about is that you can see past locations in the settings of iPhones. To view these, go to settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services and Significant Locations. It’s very difficult to delete these locations, so you should find all of the information you need here. This is a common trick used by private investigators all over the world.
How to Catch a Cheater: Download Keyloggers Like uMobix
Another weapon in your arsenal is to download a keylogger. This is a piece of software that allows you to record every key that someone types. It’s useful because it allows you to see the messages they send, the logins they use, and their Google searches. The user has absolutely no idea that the keylogger is working in the background, so there will be nothing to alert them.
uMobix is a very popular key logger. You can find out how to set up the app here.
How to Catch a Cheater: Touch ID
The easiest way to catch your partner in the act is by getting hold of the information directly on their phone. To do this, create a scenario where you need to use their phone and then add your fingerprint to their Touch ID. You can do this by going into settings and scanning your prints into the operating system. This means that you can easily access their phone, no matter how many times they change their password.
How to Catch a Cheater: The Google Chrome Password Hack
If your partner is truly on the defensive and won’t share the password to their phone, then it might be time to get imaginative. Fortunately, there are still tools at your disposal to help you get access to their information.
You’ll need to create a reason to access their laptop or personal computer. This is easy if you share a laptop with them, but if this isn’t the case, then maybe yours is mysteriously not turning on and you need to reply to an email quickly? Once you’re logged in, it’s as simple as going to their Chrome browser and going to Settings > Passwords > Autofill.
This feature is your holy grail, as it has saved all of their passwords for the websites that they use. This gives you two benefits:
- Shows you all of the websites that they visit so that you can check to see if there is any cause for concern.
- Provides you with all passwords for their accounts. You can then save these and use them to log into their profiles at any time. It’s probably easiest (and quickest) to take a photo with your phone of the passwords for future use. Beware though; if your partner uses your phone, then they might find the photo and you’ll look like the dodgy one!
How to Catch a Cheater: Check Text Messages, Other Messaging Apps, and More
As you become more convinced that your husband or wife is cheating, then it’s time to start getting a good look at their texts. You need to have an open mind, though; cheaters in 2022 aren’t just using text messages to communicate. Here are apps cheaters commonly use:
- WhatsApp: WhatsApp is popular, especially the archived section where cheaters can hide conversations that they won’t want you to stumble upon.
- Email: This might seem like a curveball, but email is a very popular method of communication for cheaters. Often they set up special email accounts for communication. Then use the inbox as a log of their conversation and turn notifications off for that app or account. That way they can secretly have a conversation, and you might never think about checking the accounts on their email app.
- iOS Notes: This is a super sneaky way that cheaters have started to communicate. With an iPhone, it’s possible to create a document in the iOS Notes app and share it with someone else with an iPhone. This means that you can both update it, which can be used to type out a conversation. They know that you’d probably never check the Notes app, but luckily we’ve told you about it now, so don’t forget to give it a quick once over too!
How to Catch a Cheater: Look for Hidden Audio or Photo Files
The best cheaters are incredibly savvy. With special apps, it’s possible to hide audio and photos within other files. With apps like QuickStego, even the most innocent photo can become a form of erotica with the right password. Look out for this when searching their phone.
You can also embed files into different note-taking apps. It’s well worth searching for these and then going through each file to see if there are any additional files hidden within them. Depending on the app, you can also check the file sizes within the properties menu to find hidden files, even if you can’t find them with the naked eye.
How to Catch a Cheater: Check Bank Statements
This might make you feel uncomfortable, but if they really are cheating, then it’s not you that needs to feel guilty! Remember to check all sources as well as their bank activity, such as PayPal and even supermarket loyalty schemes. If there’s anything that looks suspicious on the statements, then this is a sign that they might be having an affair.
Remember to take a copy of this information and add this to your records to refer back to at a later date when you finally confront them.
How to Catch a Cheater: Check the Cloud
It’s important to check their cloud storage because a lot of people don’t know that deleting files on your phone doesn’t necessarily delete them from the cloud. Common cloud storage includes DropBox, Google Drive, and iCloud. If you can’t see an app downloaded for cloud storage, then assume that they are using Google Drive or iCloud, depending on whether the phone is iOS or Android.
How to Catch a Cheater: Create a Fake Profile
If you think your partner is cheating using social media or app data, then you’ve got a great opportunity to catch them red-handed; make a fake profile! This way, you can search the site to see if they are on there. Once you find their profile, you could even try speaking to them to see if they’re flirty and actively looking for a hook-up.
How to Catch a Cheater: Use Hidden Cameras or Voice Recorders
An easy way of catching them in the act is to place a hidden camera or microphone in the main living area in the house. When you’re not around, look out for them making long calls or getting up to weird stuff on their laptop. Even worse, maybe you’ll catch them inviting their other lover round. At least you can turf them out for good, then.
As Ether Perel writes in the bestseller The State of Affairs, “Betray hurts”. Feeling like your spouse is seeing other people is a sickening feeling. You shouldn’t have to put up with being treated like this and it’s better that you get to the bottom of it. Time to apply these 12 tools and find out if your partner is cheating on you!