Zlatan Ibrahimovic is one of the greatest football players of all time. Over the years, he has dazzled everyone with his prolific goalscoring, netting some of the most physics defying goals of all time in the process. Throughout his career, the Swedish star has also been one of the most outspoken athletes of all time. Zlatan Ibrahimovic doesn’t just take shots using his legs, his mouth has also produced a lot of fireworks over the years. Let’s take a look at twenty of his best quotes:
- “Dear Los Angeles, you are welcome” – After signing with the MLS team Los Angeles Galaxy.
- “Zlatan doesn’t do auditions.” – in response to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger offering him a trial.
- “What [John] Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange.” – in response to John Carew’s criticism of Ibrahimovic’s ‘pointless’ tricks.
- “First I went left; he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.” – describing how he tricked Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz on the field.
- “When you buy me, you are buying a Ferrari. If you drive a Ferrari you put premium petrol in the tank, you hit the motorway and you step on the gas. [Pep] Guardiola filled up with diesel and took a spin in the countryside. He should have bought a Fiat.” – on his strenuous relationship with Barcelon coach Pep Guardiola.
- “We were looking through his playlist in the dressing room — there was lots of Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers and Selena Gomez. It is nice to know that even David Beckham doesn’t have good taste in everything.”
- “There was the thought that this would send me into retirement. I sent their entire country into retirement.” – After scoring twice to help Sweden qualify for Euro 2016 over Denmark.
- “It’s true I don’t know much about the players here, but they definitely know who I am.” – After moving to French Ligue 1 team Paris Saint Germain.
- “We’re looking for an apartment. If we don’t find anything, then I’ll probably just buy the hotel.” – when questioned about where he is planning to stay in Paris.
- “I don’t believe they can change the Eiffel Tower for my statue, even the people behind the club. But if they can, I will stay here — I promise you.” – when questioned about his future prospects with Paris Saint Germain
- “I don’t give a s**t who wins. I’m going on holiday.” – After Sweden were eliminated from Euro 2012.
- “I like fireworks too, but I set them off in gardens or in kebab stands. I never set fire to my own house.” – when asked about his opinion on the Mario Balotelli fireworks accident.
- “I didn’t injure you on purpose and you know that. If you accuse me again, I’ll break both your legs, and that time it will be on purpose.” – expressing his displeasure on Rafael van der Vaart’s accusation that Ibrahimovic injured him on purpose.
- “Then Guardiola started his philosopher thing. I was barely listening. Why would I? It was advanced bulls**t about blood, sweat and tears, that kind of stuff.” – when asked about Guardiola’s coaching methods.
- “[Jose] Mourinho is Guardiola’s opposite. If Mourinho brightens up the room, Guardiola pulls down the curtains and I guessed that Guardiola now tried to measure himself with him.” – when questioned about the difference between two of his coaches Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola.
- “I won’t be the King of Manchester, I will be the God of Manchester.”- when former Manchester United legend Eric Cantona proclaimed Ibrahimovic as the Prince of Manchester.
- “I haven’t met her yet. But when I do, I will date her.” – when asked to name the world’s most beautiful woman.
- “Absolutely not, I have ordered a plane. It’s much faster.” – when asked if he had ordered a Porsche.
- “I came like a king, left like a legend.” – when asked about his stint with Paris Saint Germain.
- Ibrahimovic : “Only God knows who will go through.”
Reporter: “It’s hard to ask him.”
Ibrahimovic: “You are talking to him.” – conversation with a reporter ahead of the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers.