If you’ve been scrolling on Youtube at any point in the past several years, you may have seen Logan Paul’s name in passing but didn’t bother to click on his videos. To find out who he is, in this article, we explore everything related to Logan Paul, broken down into cool facts so that it doesn’t feel like you’re reading an essay! Let’s get started!
Logan Paul: 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know!
1. How did Logan Paul become famous?
- Social media star, actor, rapper, and singer Logan Paul first came to online prominence after posting comedy prank videos and later expanded into film and music projects.
- Logan Paul gained fame through a video-sharing app called Vine, where he gained millions of followers by making short fun videos!
- Once Vine shut down, he focused more on his YouTube page and it’s grown to one of the most-viewed single-person channels on the platform with over 22 million subscribers.
- Logan Paul has turned his YouTube fame into other ventures as he’s been featured in television shows such as “Law & Order: SVU” and films such as “The Thinning.”
- The Youtube star has also released music, although his songs are more for fun rather than serious releases.
- This social media star gained fame for his incredibly popular Facebook account, which has garnered over 15 million likes.
- Logan landed a lead role in an AwesomenessTV web series titled Foursome in 2016.
- His YouTube channel has over 22 million subscribers.
- Logan Paul’s fame has brought him an incredible net worth of 19 million dollars.
2. Early Life, Childhood and Family:
Logan came to this world on April 1, 1995, in Westlake, Ohio. He was born to his parents, Greg Paul and Pam Stepnick. The social media star’s younger brother Jake Paul is also a well-known social media personality, Vine Star, actor and model. The two social media brothers ( Logan and Jake Paul) have also built their own individual followings through different methods, although a lot of their fans support both creators.
The two have come together to feature on projects together as well and even had a back-and-forth “feud” in 2017. This led to Paul’s highest watched the video on YouTube, which is funnily, a diss track of his own brother.
3. Before Fame:
Logan was a former State Champion wrestler from Westlake, Ohio.
Logan enrolled at Ohio University on a full academic scholarship as an engineering student. Logan started out on YouTube with less success if we look at his statistics as of July of 2013 when he had approximately 900 followers. But, just four months later, he garnered 1.5 million followers.
4. Logan Paul Networth:
The net worth of Logan Paul is estimated to be around $19 million, according to Wealthy Gorilla. He amassed his wealth through his merchandise sales, YouTube ad revenue, several ad sponsors on his podcast (among other revenue streams). Below, we take a look at how Paul is able to haul in millions each year:
- Paul’s fame and recognition on the video-sharing app Vine, brought him a lot of deals with big brands like Pepsi. Vine is a social media platform where users would film six-second videos. The social media phenomenon started making comedy sketches on Vine with other popular Viners, amassing millions of followers. However, Vine shut down in 2017 and so Logan was forced to start focusing more on his YouTube channel, making daily vlogs. This paid off today. As of March 2021, Youtube Logan Paul has 22.9M subscribers.
- From Vines to Youtube, Logan also saw the potential in building a strong following across several social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat) and he’d soon expand outside of the internet. The social media star became an actor and appeared on TV shows such as “Law & Order: SVU,” “Weird Loners,” and “Stitchers.” The ex-Vine star also landed roles in several movies as either a central character or as the lead.
- He co-wrote and starred in the movie “Airplane Mode,” which means the profit goes to him.
- With heights of fame, growing too fast too quick, we see scandals that can end a celeb and as predicted, Logan has also been the source of controversy, most notably the time he displayed a corpse while filming a video in Japan’s “Suicide Forest.” He jokingly partook in the “Tide Pod challenge,” tasered two dead rats, and tried to give CPR to a fish. The animal cruelty incidents took place shortly after his return to YouTube following the break he took following the “Suicide Forest” controversy. Following this, YouTube suspended the ad revenue on his videos due to a “pattern of behavior.
- After YouTube suspended the ad revenue on his videos, Logan has since apologized and mostly changed his content. The well-paid Youtube star now has a podcast titled “Impaulsive,” which has over 2.8 million subscribers on YouTube.
- Logan’s current Youtube channel places among the top 125 channels on YouTube, ranked by subscribers with 19.9 million. According to Forbes, which got its numbers from Paul in 2018 stated that the YouTuber earned $14.5 million before taxes and fees between June 1, 2017, and June 1, 2018.
- In 2018, he was the 10th highest-earning YouTuber in 2018 behind Ryan ToysReview, Jake Paul (Logan’s brother), PewDiePie, Dude Perfect, DanTDM, Markiplier, Vanoss Gaming, Jeffree Star, and Jacksepticeye.
This Ohio-born social media phenomenon has over 57 million combined followers across his multiple accounts on different platforms, according to Media Kix. 2 years back, Media Kix ranks Logan as the third biggest social media influencer of 2019. This places him slightly above other fellow social media stars such as Lele Pons (17.6 million on Youtube), Liza Koshy (17.8 million on Youtube), and even his brother, Jake, (20.3 million on Youtube).
5. Logan Paul Movies and TV shows:
Logan Paul has starred in a number of films, either as a minor character or as the lead. His most notable film is probably “The Thinning,” a YouTube film where Logan Paul takes the lead role. The Youtube icon also stars in the sequel to that film, “The Thinning: New World Order.” He also appeared in films “The Space Between Us” and “Can’t Take it Back” as well as a film he co-wrote titled, “Airplane Mode.”
The famous Vine star turned actor was also set to appear in the 2017 film “Baywatch,” but his scene ultimately got cut from the final edits.
TV and Shows:
For television, Logan Paul can be seen in an episode of “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” in 2015. Logan also appeared in a couple of episodes for the Fox TV show “Stitchers.”
The famous Vine star turned actor made one appearance on the Disney program “Bizaardvark” with his brother, Jake.
The Ohio-born social media star also had a role in the YouTube series “Foursome.” Paul had a Facebook show titled “Logan Paul Vs.”The description of the show says, “Logan Paul travels the US seeking challenges versus unpredictable things.”
6. YouTuber turned professional boxer:
Following his white collar amateur boxing match with Joe Weller, British YouTuber KSI challenged Paul to a boxing match on February 3, 2018.
20 days later, it was announced that Logan Paul and his brother would be fighting KSI and his younger brother, Deji, in two white-collar boxing matches. The fight ended as a majority draw, with two judges scoring the match a draw at 57–57 and a third judge scoring 58–57 in favor of KSI.
The next year on September 4, 2019, it was announced that Logan Paul would be making his professional boxing debut in a rematch against KSI, which would be viewed exclusively on DAZN in the U.S. The match was scheduled to occur on November 9 at the Staples Center.
During his UK press conference for the rematch, Logan Paul once again stirred controversy as he accused KSI of having five abortions, before stating to the public:
“Five babies dead. I might return the favor and kill you.”
Following this, he received criticism from pro-choice abortion activists, who described his comment as “horrific”, while pro-life abortion activists came to Paul’s defense. The social media star responded by stating, “I said something distasteful and insensitive.”
The rematch, which included six three minute rounds, concluded in a win for KSI through a split decision, with two judges scoring the fight 57–54 and 56–55 for KSI, and one judge scoring it 56–55 in favor of Paul.
7. Logan Paul Girlfriend:
Paul said that he broke off a relationship with an unnamed girlfriend due to his training for the KSI fight on the podcast “The Night Shift” in September.
“Real talk, we broke up, dog,” Paul said. “I’m at [training] camp. … I told her to f— off.”
The Youtuber was rumored to have dated model Brooke Burke and there were also rumors he dated YouTuber Corinna Kopf.
The social media star was most certainly in a long relationship with Chloe Bennett, who is an actress most known for her role on the TV show “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
Paul has also dated model Chantel Jeffries, actress Alissa Violet, actress Teala Dunn, social media star Amanda Cerny and model Jessica Serfaty, according to Ranker.
In 2020, Logan dated Josie Canseco.
8. Logan Paul’s Insane Career:
Born in Westlake, Ohio in 1995, Logan Paul first began posting videos on YouTube around the age of ten with his younger brother, Jake Paul. Yes, while in his 7th grade he started his YouTube channel and primarily created hilarious videos for classmates. He continued building a social media presence in his teens, during which time he also played on his high-school football and wrestling teams.
Later, after graduating school and going to Ohio State University, his online following on the social media platform Vine blew up. His interest grew as his Vine channel started growing in popularity and in seven months he accumulated 2.7 million followers and at present, he is counted among the most successful viners with over 9 million fans across Vine.
In 2014, he dropped out of Ohio State University and relocated to Los Angeles, where he moved in with several other Vine celebrities. Along with his Vine audience, the social media star gained thousands of followers on his YouTube channel, where currently does podcasts, vlogs, and posts short films and music videos.
TV and Music Career:
After ascending to become one of the top social media personalities he expanded his horizon as an entertainer beyond social media. Logan soon dove into acting and signed with Creative Artists Agency.
Logan’s television career included portraying Rainbow Man in one of the episodes of the TV series ‘Bad Weather Films’ in 2014 which led the new actor to do a sequel titled ‘Rainbow Man’ in the same year. He also bagged the role of a malicious kidnapper in the American crime drama series ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ and as Logan Twins in American comedy television series ‘Weird Loners’.
In 2015, Logan made his official acting premier appearing in an episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. Since then he has been featured in a number of film and television shows, including the sci-fi thriller The Thinning and the romantic drama The Space Between Us.
In 2016, Logan bagged a starring role in ‘Foursome’, an Awesomeness TV web series.
Also in 2016, he started releasing his own satirical pop tracks, including “The Fall of Jake Paul,” featuring the boy band Why Don’t We, and “Hero,” in which he highlighted his fan and fellow YouTuber Zircon.
The next year, Paul paired once again with Why Don’t We for the video single “Help Me Help You,” which also highlighted an appearance by actress Shay Mitchell.
Social Media Success:
This megastar of social media with a boy-next-door image who shot to fame with his goofy videos and giddy stunts also has a massive following on other social media platforms. They include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. He joined the live streaming platform Twitch in 2018. Once, Logan’s pratfall-laden videos that he posted on Facebook garnered a whopping count of over 300 million views!
He has several brand deals to his credit and the list of digital-promo campaigns he is involved with include big names like HBO, Pepsi, Nike, Hanes, Verizon, and Dunkin’ Donuts with the payouts reaching six-figure deals. One of the campaigning videos that Logan shot for Hanes helped him witness an unbelievable and overwhelming online response with 750K Facebook views, a record-breaking 3.8 million impressions on Twitter, and almost an incredible count of 38 million Vine loops that stunned the Hanes executives as well!
9. Did You Know?
Maverick Media, Logan’s production company has been named after his pet parrot.
In his pursuit to become a social media star, Logan dropped out of Ohio University and relocated to Los Angeles in a leased apartment in a Vine Street luxury complex and hired a manager and a financial planner.
He took acting classes at the studio of Anthony Meindl and with comedy troops ‘Upright Citizens Brigade’ and ‘The Groundlings’.
The soft drink company Pepsi selected Logan to participate in a Vine-based advertising campaign.