Basement waterproofing includes different techniques for preventing water from getting penetrated into the basement. When you are applying a treatment under the ground level, you will require the installation of suction pumps and drains, the use of proper sealant materials, and many more methods for successful basement waterproofing.
Methods of Basement Waterproofing
- Internal Water Drainage- To prevent the build-up of water in your basement and the flowing of water from the foundation toward the basement floor, this method can be useful. If the channel is newly built, you will require a PVC pipe and an effective drainage system. Cement needs to be used for covering the newly installed drains.
- Internal Basement Waterproofing- The source of wetness comes from condensation. This method can be applied even for minor dampness. French drain installation with rubber walls and suction pumps can provide an effective escape from damaging your walls.
- Internal Sealants- When concrete foundations are there, the common seepage entries are pipe penetrations or cracks. These sealants are effective to prevent the high humidity created in your basement. You can trust the basement waterproofing by Aqua Lock as they are excellent in their professional methods.
- Injections Of Foundation Cracks- Addressing the moisture problem in the basement can be solved with foundation crack injections. This approach involves a drilling activity of holes in every 6 to 8 inches intervals. The injections are required either for settling the expansion or the contraction of the concrete foundation.
- Exterior Waterproofing of Basement- Membranes and polymers are used for coating the external basement walls. The polymer-based products last for the entire life of the building and never get affected by the pH of the soil. This method is very easy to apply and can be sprayed directly onto the wall. They are semi-flexible and fast-curing and allow some substrate movement.
Different Systems of Waterproofing
With different systems of waterproofing, companies are now concentrating on innovative systems for basement waterproofing.
- Bitumen Coating of modified Polymers- The rubberized bitumen possesses a double component of a waterproofing compound system with additional powder components.
- Waterproof Seal- With the help of the cell mesh, newly installed concrete can act as a seal. Water penetration can be prevented with the help of this seal.
- EPDM Membrane of Waterproofing- This waterproofing membrane can be used single-ply for waterproofing the basement. Techno-commercially, the membranes are much improved than the other substitutes.
- Cement Coating- The flexible, acrylic-modified cement is used for coating. The negative and the positive pressure underwater can be prevented from retaining the structures under the ground.
- Reinforced Concrete- This sealant is used on the concrete surface where all the active chemicals can also be combined. The crystals of this product can block the capillaries to prevent water ingression and minor cracks due to shrinkage.
You should select the right waterproofing system according to your requirements. As water damage can attract huge expenses, you should prevent the damage by waterproofing your basement. When your basement is prevented from water, the foundation of your house is also strong to retain for a lifetime.