Most people will experience a case of smelly feet from time to time, some people live in scare of taking their shoes off. Due to lack of proper hygiene can result in smelly feet.
With some easy home remedies and a little bit of care from your end will help in preventing the smelly Feet.
Wash Your Feet Regularly & Correctly
You have to make it a routine to clean your feet with some kind of anti-bacterial wash every day as soon as you come back home.
- Mix vinegar with warm water, then soak your feet for around 20 minutes. Do this process 2-3 times in a week. This is one of the best and proven way to remove foot smell.
- Use a mild soap to wash your feet once a day. It’s also essential to dry your feet completely after washing.
Talcum Powder/Baby Powder
It is very popular and easy way to reduce the problem of smelly feet is to use talcum powder or baby powder on your feet. Being astringent in nature, these powders help absorb and dry out your sweat.
- Just sprinkle talcum powder or baby powder generously on your feet to keep them dry for a longer period of time. You can also sprinkle it in your shoes.
Wear Breathable Footwear
Closed shoes may trap bacteria-ridden water and cause fungal infections. It’s better to wear either open-toed sandals or slippers to keep the water out during monsoons
- Try to keep your feet as dry as possible by carrying an extra pair of socks to work if needed.
Epsom Salt and Water
Mixing epsom salt with water has proven huge benefits for your skin, especially the feet. Epsom salt is highly regarded as a smell reducer. Soak your feet for 30 minutes and then dry thoroughly. Epsom salts act as an astringent to decrease sweating and kill bacteria.
- Prepare a bowl or tub of warm water and dissolve one cup of Epsom salts in it. Soak your feet for 10-20 minutes, twice a day and then dry the feet thoroughly.
Boric acid is another effective solution that kills smell causing bacteria, thereby removing foot odour. Apply some boric acid powder on your sweaty feet for a few days to get rid of smelly feet.
- Mix one-half cup of boric acid and vinegar in two cups of water. Spray the inside of your shoes with it.
Ginger is also a useful remedy to smelly feet as it prevents bacterial growth and also removes toxins.
- Make a puree out of a medium-sized ginger root. Steep the puree in a cup of hot water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain the remedy and apply on your feet gently every night before going to bed. Do process daily for two weeks to get betters results.
Home remedies recommended above are unlikely to get rid of the problem of smelly feet if you continue to wear dirty socks and shoes. In such cases, they may only provide temporary relief to reduce foot smell at the time of use. Try different ones until you find a remedy that really works for you.
great tips. Thanks
all tips very useful, people who suffer from this problem, they can apply these remedies regularly
Comments are closed.