American actress, singer, and dancer Katherine McNamara was born on the 22nd of November, 1995. She is best known for acting in the MTV comedy series Happyland, and for playing the lead role in the 2016 Freeform fantasy series Shadowhunters. She also landed supporting roles in New Year’s Eve, Matchmaker Mary, and Girl vs. Monster. The 24 year old also starred in the 2013 comedy film Contest. As she was born in late November, her birth sign is Sagittarius and her favourite colour is blue. Is her real hair colour red or is she a blonde? Is she dating her co-star? Let’s find out!
Quick Facts About Katherine McNamara:
Is Katherine McNamara in a relationship?
As of 2020, Katherine McNamara’s boyfriend is Pierson Fode. They began dating sometime in 2016. Pierson Dane Fodé is an American actor, Internet personality, and model. He is known for his roles as Brooks on Disney Channel’s Jessie and Ely in the 2015 romantic comedy film Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List, alongside Victoria Justice. Pierson Fode is 28 years old, while Katherine is 24 years old. While Pierson is a Scorpio, Katherine McNamara is a Sagittarius. The most compatible signs with Sagittarius are considered to be Aries, Leo, Libra, and Aquarius, while the least compatible signs with Sagittarius are generally considered to be Virgo and Pisces. Luckily Scorpio is not in this least compatible list and either way we wish the couple well.
Katherine McNamara had at least one relationship before this one. She has not been previously engaged.
When was Katherine McNamara born?
Katherine McNamara was born on the 22nd of November, 1995.
As Katherine McNamara was born during the 90s she would be considered a Millennial.
And, as she was born in late November, her zodiac sign is a Sagittarius. The Sagittarius zodiac sign often gains the reputation of the philosopher when compared to other zodiac degrees. Like many philosophers, they have a great ability to focus, but this may be surprising since many of them love exploring and wandering the world, tasting all the pleasures of life. They are ambitious, lucky, moral, optimistic, enthusiastic, open-minded, and versatile. Although, they can be gluttonous, lazy, restless, irresponsible and blindly optimistic.
Is Katherine McNamara a natural redhead?
“Red hair and green eyes… she so is the perfect Clary”
“Love it! Exactly how I’ve always imagined Clary”
Of all the casting so far, I think she may be my favourite. Absolutely perfect for Clary!!”
“In CoB the book I clearly remember Clary being described as having “Carroty hair” so I’m very happy with her color, I never pictured Clary with dark red air but we all have our own version of her.“
These are just some of the comments about Katherine McNamara hitting the salon to dye her head red. In 2015, Katherine McNamara entered the salon to trade in her blonde locks for Clary’s signature auburn hair.
Where is Katherine McNamara from?
Hailing from Kansas City, Missouri, the only child of Ursula and Evan McNamara, who served in the U.S. military, Katherine was raised in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. The actress later moved to Los Angeles, California in 2011. During her schooling, McNamara was an advanced student in certain subjects, resulting in her being part-homeschooled and she went on to receive her high school diploma at age 14. By the time she was of age 17, McNamara graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Drexel University, completing much of her curriculum online. In July 2017, the actress said that she was enrolled in an online master’s degree literature program at Johns Hopkins University.
Who is Katherine McNamara in Arrow?
American actress, singer, and dancer Katherine McNamara is known for her lead role as Clary Fray on the 2016–2019 Freeform fantasy series Shadowhunters. In 2018, she joined the cast of Arrow for its seventh season, playing Mia Smoak, the daughter of Oliver Queen/Green Arrow and Felicity Smoak. Katherine McNamara played the role of Mia Smoak/ Blackstar/ Green Arrow in Arrow. She played the same character also in Supergirl, Batwoman, and The Flash, and will reprise the role in the potential spin-off, Green Arrow and the Canaries.
Here are some quick facts about the actress:
- For a while now, Katherine McNamara has been a classically trained ballerina. She is an accomplished dancer, having trained in different dance forms such as ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical, hula, hip-hop, and waltz.
- She is good friends with actors Tom Sawyer and Joel Courtney.
- Kat knows how to play the piano and guitar.
- Actor Ryan Gosling is her celebrity crush.
- An avid reader, Katherine counts The Mortal Instruments among her favorites.
- If you’re looking to send the actress some flowers, her favorites are peonies and freesias.
- Mulan and Pocahontas are her favorite Disney princesses.
- Katherine McNamara is also a huge fan of Pretty Little Liars.
- Her all time favourite pizza is from Giordano’s Pizza in Chicago
- Cookie Dough is her favourite icecream flavour.
- Her favourite movie is The Princess Bride (1987).
- Her favourite TV Shows are Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, unREAL
- Her favourite plays are Tom Stoppard’s ARCADIAAuthor – Shakespeare, Tom Stoppard, Cassandra Clare
- Her favourite Film Director is David O. Russell
- Katherine has several songs featured in films/television, including her original song “Chatter” on the “Contest” soundtrack, “Wait for You” in “A Sort of Homecoming” and “Ember” in the Shadowhunters series.
- She is an ambassador for the United Nation’s girl-empowerment organization, Girl Up.
- She is a reader for the Blank Theater’s New Play Development Reading Committee.
- Katherine McNamara loves photography.
- Her favourite book is The Mortal Instruments (By Cassandra Clare)
- Her favourite band is Maroon 5
- Her favourite color is Blue
Are Kat McNamara and will Tudor dating?
With the fact that Kat McNamara and Will Tudor play off of each other so well, fans on social media seem to be convinced that Katherine McNamara (aka Clary) is in a relationship with her on-screen brother Will Tudor (aka Sebastian) in real life. However, there has nor ever will be any real evidence to support this, but speaking of whom she’s actually had a relationship with,
Katherine McNamara had at least one relationship in the past. She dated fellow teen star Joel Courtney in 2012.
What is Kat McNamara natural hair color?
Kat McNamara’s natural hair color is not red, even though the actress is most recognizable for her stylish bright red hair. Over the years she has coloured her hair blonde and red, even wearing a dark brownish maroon wig for a TV show.
What color are Katherine McNamara eyes?
Katherine McNamara’s eyes are green in color.
Is Kat McNamara married? Who is Katherine McNamara married to?
She is currently not married.
Can Katherine McNamara sing?
- Katherine is a serious Broadway singer and has been on stage with Angela Lansbury, Elaine Stritch, Katherine Zeta- Jones, Bernadette Peters, and a wide variety of other important entertainers.
- During the course of her career, McNamara has sung songs that were used in movies or television series in which she appeared.
- She wrote and sang “Chatter” for Contest, and she also appeared in a music video for that song.
- She wrote “My Heart Can Fly”, which her character sings during a talent competition in Little Savages.
- She sang “Wait for You”, the end credits song for A Sort of Homecoming.
- She also sang “Stay True”, the end credits song for R.L. Stine’s Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls.
- Her song “Ember” was played during the 20th episode of the second season of Shadowhunters.
- In December 2019, McNamara was featured as the voice of singer Sally Jessup in the animated Christmas special episode of the Dreamworks series Spirit Riding Free entitled “Spirit of Christmas”, which premiered on Netflix. She also provided the vocals for several songs featured in the special.
Is Katherine McNamara on shadowhunters? Why was shadowhunters cancelled?
The following is a statement made by Katherine McNamara to describe the show Shadowhunters:
“It’s based on the “The Mortal Instruments” series by Cassandra Clare. And the basis for that world is every mythical creature, every legend, every story, every myth that you’ve heard is true. Vampires, werewolves, demons, fairies, angels, warlocks, they’re all real. And they all exist in our world, [but] humans can’t see them. They call us Mundanes. And shadowhunters are a race of half-humans, half-angels and their task is to fight demons and protect humans from this crazy world that exists around them.
Clary Fray, the character that I play, is this normal 18-year old girl growing up in Brooklyn. She’s an art student living with her best friend and her mom and suddenly on her 18th birthday, weird things start to happen. She meets a mysterious stranger and suddenly her world changes. She learns she’s a shadowhunter and her mother has hidden this from her. We’ve shot six episodes so far, it’s been a crazy ride. But it’s such a fun world to live in because anything’s possible. It’s a very dark, very edgy, very sexy, very violent show and it kind of opens the door to [an] older audience in a very interesting and cool way.”
The 2016 Freeform fantasy series Shadowhunters said last year that the decision to shelve the series was purely economic’. One source reported that during a media lunch, the Executive Vice President of Programming and Development Karey Burke revealed that the cancellation was down to financial reasons. “We went back and forth with them but ultimately we just couldn’t make the economics work.”
What is Katherine McNamara worth?
24 year old Katherine McNamara has a net worth of $3 million.
Katherine McNamara accumulated that wealth by beginning her acting career on Broadway starring in A Little Night Music with Angela Lansbury and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
She is probably best known for her starring roles in the MTV comedy series Happyland. McNamara starred as Harper Munroe in the television series in 2014.
She also played the lead role in the Freeform fantasy series Shadowhunters.
In 2016 she starred as Clary Fray in the TV series Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments. McNamara has starred in the movies New Year’s Eve, Last Ounce of Courage, Contest, Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn, A Sort of Homecoming, and Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials. She has also appeared in episodes of the TV series The Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, 30 Rock, Drop Dead Diva, Glee, Austin & Ally, Jessie, Kickin’ It, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Workaholics, Unforgettable, and The Fosters
Last year when she was 23 years old, McNamara was already very popular in the creative industry who has several acting credits to her name.
In 2018, she joined the cast of Arrow as a recurring cast, playing the role of Mia Smoak, and was promoted to the main cast in its eight-season. She’s credited with acting roles in films such as A Sort of Homecoming, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, Natural Selection, and Maze Runner: The Death Cure.
Where does Katherine McNamara live?
McNamara was born in Missouri. The actress was raised in Lee’s Summit, Missouri and is the only child of Ursula and Evan McNamara, who served in the U.S. military.
She moved to Los Angeles, California in 2011.
What does Kat McNamara weigh?
- Katherine McNamara Height: 5 feet 4½ inches
- Weight: 52 kg
- Body Measurements: 35-25-33 inches
- Build: Slim
- Race / Ethnicity: Irish, Welsh
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Green
- Dress Size: 6 (US) or 38 (EU)
- Shoe Size: 5.5 (US) or 36 (EU)
How tall is Katherine McNamara?
The 24 year old stands at 1.64 m or 5 feet 4½ inches.
What is Katherine McNamara doing now?
This might come as a surprise to many fans but Katherine graduated from high school at 14, and then graduated from college at 17. She is now getting an MS in Economics. We’re not saying that her fans have to be like her, but if you love Kat McNamara, this is your time to level up. If this was Katherine at age14, you’d be interested to know what Katherine McNamara is doing now.
On March 31, 2020, McNamara announced that she was working on a song to be released on April 8. On April 8, the song “Just Like James” was made available in the Google Play Store, Apple’s iTunes store, and Spotify. Proceeds from the song will be donated to the World Health Organization (WHO) for Covid-19 relief efforts. Google will donate funds matching sales from the first 30 days. (She originally recorded the song in 2014.)
Does Kat McNamara tattoo?
We’re not sure she actively participates in tattooing others. But some of her other passions are:
- Baking is one of the actresse’s favorite pastimes.
“My grandmother taught me to bake my great-grandmother’s recipes. One of my favorites [is] “Death By Chocolate Cake.” It’s a super dense chocolate sheet cake with a chocolate fudge icing, and I mean this icing is fudge. I’ve literally just made the icing and refrigerated it and it becomes fudge.”
- McNamara has participated in anti-bullying efforts by describing how she was bullied as a child.
- McNamara has also worked with the Lollipop Theater Network, visiting children who are confined to hospitals due to the severity of their illnesses.
- In 2017, she recorded the song “Glass Slipper”, which was used as part of a charity campaign for the United Nations Girl Up program. She also created a t-shirt with the “Glass Slipper” lyrics as part of this campaign.
- In 2018 and 2019, she participated in the Big Slick Celebrity Weekend, which raises donations for the Kansas City Children’s Mercy Hospital.
- She loves to write.
“I’ve always loved writing and [young women’s website] HelloGiggles approached me and said “Hey, do you want to guest blog for us?” and I thought it was a really interesting opportunity to talk about things that nobody really likes to talk about. And talk about them in a way that’s real and candid and very relatable. Because a lot of things are either geared younger or older and there’s nothing really in between for girls aged 17 to 22. It’s kind of been a freeing experience and I’ve learned a lot about myself and learned a lot about my own opinions in writing those [posts].”
How did Katherine McNamara become famous?
McNamara has had one heck of a career even though she is just 24 years old. She began her acting career on stage in Kansas City. She then participated in motion picture productions filmed in the Kansas City area, such as Matchmaker Mary in 2008 and the short film “Get Off My Porch”. In 2010, she appeared in the 2009 Broadway revival of A Little Night Music with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angela Lansbury. She began making guest appearances in television series, including Law & Order: SVU, 30 Rock, and Drop Dead Diva. McNamara appeared in theatrical movies such as New Year’s Eve and in the Disney Channel original movie Girl vs. Monster, playing the role of Myra Santelli. She co-starred in the film Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn, playing the role of Tom’s girlfriend Becky Thatcher. McNamara also appeared in the independent films Contest and A Sort of Homecoming
She appeared on three episodes of the Disney XD series Kickin’ It, in which she had a recurring role as Claire, Kim’s rival, and in two episodes of the Disney Channel series Jessie, playing Bryn Brietbart, a rival to Emma Ross. She also appeared in an episode of the Nickelodeon series The Thundermans. McNamara was cast in the MTV series Happyland as Harper Munroe, a theme park photographer. It was announced that McNamara would play the recurring role of Kat on the third season of The Fosters in 2015.
On May 6, 2015, ABC Family (now Freeform) announced that McNamara would be playing the lead character Clary Fray in Shadowhunters, a television adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s bestselling book series The Mortal Instruments. McNamara appeared in The Maze Runner film sequel, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, as Sonya, a co-leader of Group B. She reprised the role in the 2018 sequel, Maze Runner: The Death Cure. In September 2018, McNamara was cast in the seventh season of Arrow as the recurring character of Mia Smoak, the daughter of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak;
Katherine McNamara was later promoted to a series regular for Arrow’s eighth and final season. In October 2019, The CW announced plans for a potential Arrow Spin-off featuring Mia Smoak. A backdoor pilot for the spin-off aired as the ninth episode of Arrow’s final season.
In October 2019, McNamara was cast as Julie Lawry in the CBS All Access limited series adaptation of Stephen King’s The Stand. Principal photography on the limited series was completed in March 2020, though CBS All Access has not announced when the show will be released.