Most people think of Hailey Baldwin as the stunning American model with one heck of a killer #street style look, who is married to Justin Beiber, but did you know that her last name Baldwin has special meaning? If it rings a bell, you are absolutely right in assuming that she is related to Alec Baldwin, the American actor and TV personality.
The Marriage, Career and Life of Hailey Baldwin
Who is Hailey Baldwin?
- Hailey Rhode Bieber was born on November 22 in 1996.
- She is an American model and television personality.
- Baldwin once trained as a classic ballet dancer, but ended that career due to an injury. The supermodel once attended American Ballet Theater in New York through her teen years.
- Hailey is represented by IMG Models and has been featured in major ads for Guess, Ralph Lauren, and Tommy Hilfiger.
- She is an actor and award show host.
- Hailey Baldwin is the daughter of Stephen Baldwin and niece of Alec Baldwin.
- She is married to Canadian singer Justin Bieber, and currently resides in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, much farther than Tucson, Arizona where she was born.
- Hailey Baldwin is the daughter of the actor Stephen Baldwin, the youngest of the Baldwin brothers. Her mom is the graphic designer Kennya Deodato Baldwin. She has Brazilian heredity through her mother’s Italian and Portuguese descent, and English, Irish, Scottish, French, and German descent, through her father’s side. Baldwin’s maternal grandfather is the Brazilian musician Eumir Deodato. Baldwin was home schooled as a child.
How Did Hailey and Justin Meet?
At a fan event for Justin, Hailey and the singer first met in 2009. Hailey, who was 12 at the time, was there with her father Stephen Baldwin and kept her arms firmly crossed throughout their entire encounter. Haily Baldwin and Justin Bieber then briefly dated from December 2015 to January 2016, before splitting, then reconciled in May 2018. Eventually, the Canadian couple got engaged in July 2018, and confirmed in November 2018 that they were married. They also had a second marriage ceremony in South Carolina on September 30, 2019.
Did you know? The Biebers were raised as Evangelical Christians and attend Hillsong Church.
Who is Justin Bieber’s wife?
Hailey Baldwin or Hailey Bieber is Justin Beiber’s wife. They said their “I do’s” in 2018. The 23-year-old American model was making headlines long before she wed Justin Bieber for her successful modeling career and for being on almost every girl’s Pinterest board.
What did Justin Bieber say about pre-marital sex?
Justin has insinuated that his sex life with his wife is going really well. During an intimate performance in London earlier this year, one fan asked the singer what he does on a regular day. According to E! News, the singer proudly stated: “It just depends on who I’m with. When I’m with my wife, we like to… You guys can guess what we do. It gets pretty crazy… that’s pretty much all we do….”We like to watch movies, we like to Netflix and chill, but we definitely do more of the chilling.” The term “Netflix and chill” is a slang or phrase which meaning to watch some Netflix (or meeting up for with the pretext of Netflix, and having sex instead)
All that juiciness being stated, upon speaking on his new Facebook series, “The Biebers on Watch,” the Canadian singer was once asked if he would change anything about his life if he could go back in time.
While Bieber replied that he didn’t regret anything, he said: “If I could go back and not have to face some of the bad hurt that I went through… yeah, I probably would’ve saved myself for marriage.” Coming from the mouth of a very good looking pop-star the words are hard to believe. But when she spoke to the camera alongside his wife, Hailey, the 26-year-old singer Bieber admitted that his revelation “probably sounds crazy.”
“I don’t think it’s too much information, I think it’s helpful,” he continued. “Sex can be kind of confusing when you’re being sexually active with anybody. “It’s true, I probably would have saved myself for marriage.” In a way, this makes Justin Beiber feel so human.
Hailey nodded but explained that she felt differently. “I don’t know if I’d say the same, but we had different experiences with like… everything. Different journeys,” she said. “But I do agree with the fact that being physical with someone can make things more confusing.”
Why is Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin Meeting With A Marriage Counselor?
Shortly after they tied the knot, Hailey and Justin did an interview with Vogue in February 2019, which mentioned that the two have met with a marriage counselor. Hailey confessed a deep statement to Vogue: “The thing is, marriage is very hard. That is the sentence you should lead with. It’s really effing hard.”
In the same 2019 interview with Vogue, Justin said that he had “a legitimate problem with sex,” and was more than a year into a time of self-imposed celibacy when he started rekindling his romance with Hailey. “I think sex can cause a lot of pain. Sometimes people have sex because they don’t feel good enough. Because they lack self-worth. Women do that, and guys do that,” he said. “I wanted to rededicate myself to God in that way because I really felt it was better for the condition of my soul.” He added, “And I believe that God blessed me with Hailey as a result. There are perks. You get rewarded for good behavior.”
During an interview on “The Ellen Show” in January, Justin said that he had a difficult time with the idea of commitment, which made him “extremely nervous” before proposing.
He said, “I felt like, in the past, we had talked about, you know, me asking the question, and I felt like she would say, ‘yes.'” He continued, “Am I able to make this commitment as a man and be able to honor, you know, what I say, you know, because that’s a serious commitment when you say you’re gonna love someone for better or for worse and, like, be faithful. That’s huge. Am I able to do that?”
He said he finally decided he was going to “make the decision and follow through with it” because he’s always wanted to be a husband.
During an interview with Elle in March, Hailey talked about how Justin’s Lyme disease complications made things hard for the two of them when they were first together. “It was hard because everybody from the outside was being super mean and judgmental, saying he looked like he was on drugs, saying how unhealthy he looked, when in truth, he was not healthy and we didn’t know why,” she said.
She said that Justin is healthy now, but they were forced to deal with the “in sickness and in health” part of their wedding vows right away.
“We went straight into figuring out the hard stuff,” she said. “Because you never know what can happen with someone’s health. When you don’t know what’s happening, it’s really scary. And then you have the opinions of everybody from the outside, and it just sucks.”
Although the couple has had some ups and downs, they have made it clear that they both rely on each other. In that 2019 interview with Vogue, Justin said that he’s the “emotionally unstable” one in the relationship and that he struggles “with finding peace.”
“Hailey’s very logical and structured, which I need,” he said. “I’ve always wanted security — with my dad being gone sometimes when I was a kid, with being on the road. With the lifestyle I live, everything is so uncertain. I need one thing that’s certain. And that is my baby boo.”
“We’re coming from a really genuine place. But we’re two young people who are learning as we go. I’m not going to sit here and lie and say it’s all a magical fantasy. It’s always going to be hard,” she said. “It’s a choice. You don’t feel it every single day. You don’t wake up every day saying, ‘I’m absolutely so in love and you are perfect.’ That’s not what being married is.”
The Professional Career of Hailey Baldwin
Modeling vs Ballet
Baldwin’s first choice of career was to become a professional classic ballet dancer, but her training ended due to a foot injury. She danced for the Miami City Ballet before her injury.
The first modeling agency ever Baldwin signed with, was Ford Models. The young model first posed in magazines such as Tatler, LOVE, V and i-D. Her first commercial campaign was for the clothing brand French Connection where she posed for the winter of 2014. In October 2014 Baldwin made her runway debut by walking the rump for Topshop and French fashion designer Sonia Rykiel. In December 2014 she posed for a photo-session for Love magazine, which also produced a short movie shot by photographer Daniel Jackson. It is now on the magazine’s official YouTube channel. The 18 year old was photographed for American Vogue and in March for Teen Vogue.
In April she shot her first magazine cover for Jalouse Magazine pairing up with male model Lucky Blue Smith. In the same month she posed in two further cover-shoots, for the Dutch edition of L’Officiel and the American edition of Wonderland Magazine and was also pictured in editorials for Miss Vogue and W magazines. The young supermodel was later featured in Ralph Lauren advertising alongside Australian singer Cody Simpson, and in October returned to the runway for Tommy Hilfiger and Philipp Plein.
In 2017, Baldwin featured on the cover of Spanish Harper’s Bazaar coupled with male model Jon Kortajarena and the American, British and Japanese editions of Elle. The model also appeared in the promotion video for the Fyre Festival. She has since then stated that the money went towards charity.
The Talented Model Can Act, Host, and Make Money
Acting and TV appearances:
A 9 year old Hailey Baldwin was filmed by the side of her family in the television documentary Livin It: Unusual Suspects and in 2009 she made an appearance in an episode of the TV show Saturday Night Live by the side of her uncle Alec Baldwin. In 2011, she was filmed as Australian singer Cody Simpson’s love interest in the music video of the song “On My Mind” as part of her early work. The same thing happened in 2016 and she had a film role in a second music video, “Love To Love You Baby” by French model and singer Baptiste Giabiconi, a cover of the Donna Summer song released in 1975.
Hostess With The Mostess:
In 2015, Baldwin was a TV host in a segment of the 2015 MTV Europe Music Awards in Milan, Italy. Hosting with the Italian supermodel Bianca Balti and the English rapper Tinie Tempah, Baldwin revealed the winner of the Best Music Video Award. It was won by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis for the video of their song “Downtown”.
This wasn’t the last time she would host. 2 years later Baldwin began hosting a new TBS show Drop the Mic with rapper Method Man, featuring four celebrities facing off in a series of rap battles. In 2020, the show had been broadcast for two seasons but had yet to be renewed or cancelled for season three.
4 years later, Baldwin co-hosted with model Gigi Hadid announcing a live exhibition by Shawn Mendes at the 2016 iHeartRadio Much Music Video Awards in Toronto, Canada.
See That Girl? She’s The Branding Queen!
In 2016, Baldwin paired up with clothing brand The Daily Edited, to promote a handbag capsule collection labeled as #theHAILEYedited collection. In the same year, she announced a collaboration with UK footwear brand Public Desire using the hashtag #PDxHB, and announced she would be launching her own make-up collection produced by Australian brand ModelCo. The same year she got married, Hailey Baldwin requested a trademark license to use the name “Hailey Bieber” for commercial purposes, but unfortunately her request to use the trademark Bieber Beauty was denied. This was simply due to the fact that Justin Bieber had ownership of that trademark.
How much is Hailey Baldwin worth?
Hailey Baldwin, the American model and television personality is the daughter of actor Stephen Baldwin and the wife of singer and songwriter Justin Bieber. As of 2020, Hailey Baldwin’s net worth is estimated to be around $2 million dollars.
- She accumulated her wealth by appearing in a Ralph Lauren campaign in 2016.
- She shot an editorial for the Korean edition of Vogue.
- After walking again for Tommy Hilfiger in 2016, Baldwin featured in spring/summer campaigns for Philipp Plein and Tommy Hilfiger.
- In the same period she was also shot for Self Magazine and filmed for a commercial of clothing brand H&M, which was released in the Coachella Music Festival period in April. In March 2016, Baldwin signed a contract with high-profile New York modeling agency IMG Models and in May appeared on the cover of Marie Claire, who described her as a “fresh face”.
- Pretty soon the model would catwalk alongside high-profile supermodels such as Miranda Kerr, Alessandra Ambrosio, Jourdan Dunn and Chanel Iman] and in the same month she also made her debut in advertising for Guess.
- During the summer of 2016 Baldwin was photographed and filmed for an UGG footwear campaign, alongside supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Paired with Joan Smalls, Baldwin was also the face of Karl Lagerfeld’s limited-edition North American clothing line entitled “Love From Paris”.
- Hailey Baldwin also appeared in editorials for Glamour Magazine and Italian Vogue. In September, she took part in New York Fashion Week, walking for Tommy Hilfiger,Prabal Gurung, Jeremy Scott, Tory Burch and Matty Bovan. In London she made a personal appearance at a pre-London Fashion Week party at Stradivarius where she provided social media presence via selfies and tweets.
- She then walked for Julien Macdonald in LFW.
- During Milan Fashion Week Baldwin walked for Dolce & Gabbana and in Paris Fashion Week she walked for Elie Saab.
- The American model also appeared in advertising for Prabal Gurung Sport. Later that year she featured in campaigns for Guess’ holiday collection and Australian label Sass & bide.
- In November 2016, Baldwin was on the cover of the Australian edition of Harper’s Bazaar, and featured in a French Elle editorial.
- In 2018 Baldwin became a face of the Power of Good campaign for the Shiseido-owned bareMinerals make-up brand.
- In 2019, Hailey Baldwin became the face of Levi Jeans.