Bethany Joy Lenz has been working as an actress on the stage and screen since her early childhood in Texas. She later moved to New Jersey, where she began vocal training with the Director of the Brooklyn College of Opera, Richard Barrett. While doing her vocal training Bethany Joy Lenz also continued to work on her acting career. She appeared in numerous pilots, advertisements and movies. She also performed in regional theatre till she was cast as a series regular on The Guiding Light.
Lenz remained on the soap for two years, gaining rave reviews from viewers and critics alike. During this time she had the honor of playing Mary Tyler Moore’s daughter Rose in the TV movie “Mary and Rhoda.” After leaving “The Guiding Light,” she moved out west. She appeared in the Garry Marshall directed “Happy Days: the Musical” (playing Pinky Tuscadero; musical directors Carole King and Paul Williams) and by Arthur Allan Seidleman in a staged reading of a musical version of “The Outsiders.” Soon after moving to Los Angeles, she was cast in One Tree Hill.
Bethany Joy Lenz is also an accomplished singer who trained in New York City under Richard Barrett, the director of the Brooklyn College of Opera. While in Los Angeles, she was trained by renowned voice teacher Eric Vetro. She is also one-half of the band Everly, founded with her friend Amber Sweeney.
Bethany Joy Lenz: All You Need to Know
When was Bethany Joy Lenz born?
Bethany Joy Lenz was born on April 2nd,1981.
Which series of Bethany Joy Lenz was not picked up by E!
Bethany Joy Lenz was slated to headline the 2014 series Songbyrd. The show was loosely based on the life of Diane Warren. The drama involved Bethany Joy Lenz playing the role of singer-songwriter Lauren Byrd. Despite having some big names bolstering the show like Grey’s Anatomy producer Krista Vernoff and actress Rumer Willis, the pilot unfortunately wasn’t picked up by E!. Lenz took to Instagram to address the disappointing development with her fans, explaining that perhaps the series simply hadn’t found the right network. “Thank you all for the sweet tweets about #songbyrd!” she wrote. “I am sad, but honestly it’s a sophisticated sexy show and I understand why it was probably a bit highbrow for E! You guys would be amazed at how many REALLY GOOD pilots never see the light of day. I’m so proud of our show and the cast chemistry. We have a great team and I hope #Songbyrd finds a home somewhere with real class and balls.”
Is Bethany Joy Lenz a painter?
Bethany Joy Lenz’s impressive artistic endeavors have been popping up sporadically on her social media feeds for years, but it wasn’t until January of 2018 that the multi-talented entertainer decided to devote serious time to creating it.
“So, I guess I’m gonna do this more lol,” Lenz revealed on Instagram, along with a photo of her surrounded with some of her pieces. “Head over to @thelenzgallery. I’ll start posting eventually. Processes and paintings etc.”
Bethany Joy Lenz definitely has artistic genes. She said via her Instagram post, “My dad is an artist. I haven’t asked him yet but I bet he’ll join in on the account if I beg him to.”
Did Bethany Joy Lenz direct a film?
In November 2017, Lenz checked off yet another milestone: directing a short film. Sharing the moment on Instagram, she encouraged fans to check out her directorial debut, Somebody’s Mom (part of the Nasty Habits web series). Lenz then spoke about the experience on Twitter, thanking Nasty Habits writer-director Christina de Leon for “hiring women like me to direct and helping to keep creativity an open forum.”
It isn’t the first time, and surely not the last, that Lenz has made the salient correlation between female creatives and substantial material. “There’s a serious lack of interesting material for women late 20s/early 30s right now. So — I’m writing my own. I’m also looking for more material to produce to create more jobs for women in my industry and lend my voice,” Lenz told Bellus magazine in 2015.
Bethany Joy Lenz: Work on One Tree Hill
As well as portraying the character of Haley James Scott, Bethany Joy Lenz has also directed the following episodes:
- Screenwriter’s Blues
- At The Bottom Of Everything
- Between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace
Bethany Joy Lenz: One Tree Hill Trivia
- Bethany Joy Lenz was credited fourth during the first six seasons – after Chad Michael Murray, James Lafferty and Hilarie Burton and before Sophia Bush. The first episode of Season 7 reversed the order of Galeotti (she changed her surname after marrying Enation keyboardist Michael Galeotti) and Bush, crediting Galeotti third after Lafferty and Bush. This was amended in the following episode and Galeotti is currently credited second.
- Bethany Joy Lenz married Enation keyboardist Michael Galeotti while she was filming One Tree Hill. After the wedding, she requested the showrunners to change her name to Bethany Joy Galeotti in the credits. Her changed name started appearing on the show from the episode Brave New World.
- Although she divorced before the finale of the series the filming of season nine had wrapped so her return to her maiden name although before the end of the series, wasn’t reflected.
- Prior to One Tree Hill, Bethany Joy Lenz was always credited as Joie Lenz for all her work.
- Bethany Joy Lenz was actually pregnant during the filming of Season 8 (her character on screen was also pregnant).
- She became the mother of a baby girl, Maria Rose Galeotti, in late February 2011, with her then husband Michael Galeotti.
- She recorded eight original songs and released them in a limited edition CD called Preincarnate, released in 2002.
- Aside from acting and singing, Bethany Joy Lenz also enjoys photography, painting, writing, horseback riding, knitting, and making stationery.
- Is also a talented musician and singer with a wide vocal range. She performed a lot of songs for One Tree Hill, including this one:
- Goes by her middle name “Joy.”
- Impressed producers so much during her three week stint as “Teenage Reva Clone” on “The Guiding Light” (1952), she was re-hired later that year in the contract role of “Michelle Bauer” on the daytime serial.
- Her favorite musicians are: Sheryl Crow, U2, Coldplay, “and anything that’s not a sellout”.
- These are her favourite TV shows: “Joan of Arcadia” (2003), “Alias” (2001), “I Love Lucy” (1951), “Lost” (2004), “Arrested Development” (2003) and “Friends” (1994).
- Played guitar, and sang the National Anthem in the “One Tree Hill” (2003) cast at the Super Bowl in early 2004.
- Bethany Joy Lenz works heavily with Love146, an organization working to end child sex slavery and exploitation. In May 2011, she started a Tread on Trafficking campaign to raise money for the organization.
- Started an online boutique called “Lark” to raise money for charity. All of the website’s designs are her own creations.
- Bethany Joy Len wrote a musical stage version of Nicholas Sparks’ The Notebook with good friend and Grammy nominated producer, Ron Aniello.
- Bethany Joy Lenz also worked on a rotating internet novel called “Diamond Gothic” with actress Abigail Spencer and comedian JC Coccoli.
- Close friends with “One Tree Hill” (2003) costars Paul Johansson, Sophia Bush, Shantel VanSanten, and Chad Michael Murray.
- Shantel VanSanten was in the delivery room when she gave birth to her daughter, Maria.
- Bethany Joy Lenz took the “Julius Caesar” book her character Haley gave Lucas in season one of “One Tree Hill” (2003). She had the entire cast and crew sign it.
- Bethany Joy Lenz is known for her obsession with standing with her hands on her hips. She is almost always seen posing with both hands on her hips, or at least one hand if one of her arms is in use. She even keeps her hands on her hips while walking, running, and sitting. She has called it her “lighthouse pose” due to her stint on Guiding Light, as reference to its lighthouse. When asked if she ever takes her hands off her hips, she replied “no”, then laughed (indicating she was half-joking). She even once refused to wear an outfit during a taping of One Tree Hill that would have made it impossible to keep her hands on her hips.
How much is Bethany Joy Lenz worth?
Bethany Joy Lenz net worth: Bethany Joy Lenz is an American actress, director, producer, and musician who has a net worth of $6 million. Bethany Joy Lenz is most famous for playing the character Haley James Scott on One Tree Hill.
Who was Bethany Joy Lenz married to?
Bethany Joy Lenz was married to Enation keyboardist Michael Galeotti. After six years of marriage and a daughter, the couple divorced in March 2012. Galeotti passed away in 2016.
Is Bethany Joy Lenz dating anyone?
One Tree Hill alum Bethany Joy Lenz and UnREAL alum Josh Kelly are dating, and they seem totally enraptured by one another. The duo attended Equality Now’s 4th annual Make Equality Reality Gala in Beverly Hills on Monday, December 3, alongside fellow guests Amandla Stenberg, Margaret Atwood and Goldie Hawn.
What is Bethany Joy Lenz doing now?
Most recently in 2019, Bethany Joy Lenz had landed a part in the main cast for the series Pearson, where she plays the character of “Keri Allen”. You can also catch her in the 2020 television film Match Up as “Natalie Simmons.”